Friday, May 25, 2012

hearts can be won with treehouses

My Grandpa built me a treehouse when I was little that I've posted on here before and it was my safe haven. The only place I've ever felt secure was either when my entire family was packed into a tiny car before Mom and Dad's divorce or up in that treehouse, my Grandmother using a rope and pulley to send me snacks in the summer.


There's something really special about the rain outside my window today.
And there's something about the natural, dim, "mood-lighting" the clouds have crafted that has wandered into my living room. Bon Iver taps against the poorly insulated walls, while a french press waits to be pressed-the smell dances to the bounce of the piano keys. It's days like this I feel an intense longing and yet I'm also so very happy- elated and sad- all at once. Because even though I cannot fulfill the longing to share this magic with someone it's like a secret no one else knows but me.
Like going to the movies by yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment