Sunday, August 25, 2013

Jealousy, the expired compliment

My friends, beware. A compliment that rests inside your heart and mind but goes unsaid may decompose and cause rotting within.

If they came in boxes I believe that to be their warning label.

There are many things I struggle with and am learning in this season of life however, one thing I have found God's wisdom on at a very early stage is the art of a compliment. When I notice traits on a woman that are different from my own and that I admire I hand those thoughts out. Not only is it uplifting for her (and I'm a big proponent of encouragement) but it brings life to me.

See I believe that a compliment can spoil if it isn't given out. Have you ever looked at a woman and thought:
'I love her hair' or men 'I wish I could grow a beard like that'? It's at this stage, when the thought enters that it should exit into the ear of the person you are admiring because when it doesn't, more often than not this thought turns rancid and starts to sound like:
'Why don't I have hair like that? Must be nice to just be born with great hair...whatever her hair isn't that great'.

And a wall begins, brick by brick, dividing you from someone who might just need you and you them.


No comments:

Post a Comment