Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 or bust.


Twenty-thirteen was many different things for many different people; friends found their niche in careers, lost loved ones, found their person to journey the rest of this life with, made new, smaller persons to journey life with...For me, it was one of the loneliest, hardest, scariest years to date and I pray I never know all those things again (at least not all at once for they are quite inevitable on this earth).

But because it was the loneliest, when God offered me His gentle hand I finally extended my own this time and found myself befriended by many.
Because it was the hardest the poverty of my character was made rich in patience and strength.
And because its been one of the scariest, my dependence and trust in my Maker is deeper allowing courage into my womb to birth bravery unto my soul.

I've never wanted to put space between myself and a year as much as 2013 but my heart beats to the knowledge that one day I will reflect back on this year and it will be the one I point to when I say "that was the year I was truly able to see with clear eyes and an open heart how my God saves me, that was the year I learned His voice and recognized His touch and I was very much transformed from the unseen caterpillar into the uninhibited butterfly."

Happy endings friends and a very happy new beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment