Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ready or Not

Is anyone really ready for anything until it's handed to them or they enter into it? Sometimes, whether you feel prepared or not you have to jump from the rocks behind you and into the water below you. Most people aren't ever truly ready for that. Yet often those are the people that swim best because they're even more grateful to be in water since for so long they believed they may never know what it is to be wet.

I just hope we aren't buying into a lie that we must first be ready before God will decide to give us what He wants for us. Preparation is one thing, readiness is another. I know for me I don't feel ready when I lose someone dear to me but I can perhaps prepare to accept the moment when it comes. I don't particularly feel ready for an audition tomorrow but if the opportunity came I would prepare and show up. I may not be ready for a lot of things that come my way but God knows my heart and I know my convictions. I also know he who can be trusted with little can be trusted with much but first you have to give him a little to know.

I may not seem ready and heck I may not even be ready, but I am 100% prepared in continuing to grow and experience His healing the rest of the time I've got here. I refuse to repeat the patterns of the past and I take very seriously the second family God will gift me one day. Am I ready for it? Sometimes I feel so and sometimes I know not but in His time it will come whether I think I'm ready or not.

And ready or not, all you really need is to be wet in the waves of unconditional, ready or not we deserve love that breaks through the conditions of our readiness, of our quick emotional responses, our ever-budding maturity. We deserve the stuff that is offered from someone who chooses our flaws, our pain and our bruises but who believes in the beauty there first and foremost. Who helps us fight for the redemption and restoration in our lives because we sure in the heck will need that throughout the rest of this journey.

I have issues and hurts, my bruises may still inform me when they shouldn't, and there are some walls left to fall but what God says and what I know to be true is that I deserve love and I am ever ready to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment